Pula, Croatia is a beautiful city located on the Adriatic coast, known for its rich history and stunning natural beauty. Located at the southern tip of the Istria Peninsula, Pula is home to a number of top attractions and activities that are sure to make your trip memorable. Here are just a few of the top things to do in Pula:
- Visit the Pula Arena: This ancient amphitheater is one of the best-preserved Roman structures in the world, and it is still used for concerts and events today. Take a tour of the arena and learn about its history, or attend a performance and experience the amphitheater’s acoustics first-hand.
- Explore the Pula Cathedral: This impressive cathedral dates back to the 5th century and is known for its beautiful Baroque interior and stunning frescoes. Take a tour of the cathedral and learn about its history, or just admire the architecture from the outside.
- Walk along the Riva: The Riva is a promenade along the coast that offers beautiful views of the sea and the surrounding city. Stroll along the Riva and take in the sights and sounds of Pula, or sit at one of the many cafes and restaurants and watch the world go by.
- Visit the Pula Archaeological Museum: This museum is home to a large collection of artifacts from the Roman and ancient Illyrian periods, including pottery, jewelry, and coins. Take a tour of the museum and learn about the history of Pula and the surrounding region.
- Go to the Pula Film Festival: This annual film festival is held in the Pula Arena and features a mix of Croatian and international films. Attend a screening or two and experience the best of Croatian and international cinema.
Overall, Pula is a city that offers something for everyone, from ancient landmarks and beautiful beaches to delicious food and stunning natural surroundings. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or just relaxing in a beautiful setting, Pula has something for you.