Cetinje is a small town located in the heart of Montenegro. Despite its size, it has a lot to offer to its visitors. From its rich cultural heritage to its stunning natural beauty, Cetinje has something for everyone. Here are ten things to do in Cetinje.
- Visit the Cetinje Monastery – The Monastery is one of the most important religious sites in Montenegro. It was created in the 15th century and it is now a home to many religious artifacts and relics.
- Explore the National Museum of Montenegro – The National Museum of Montenegro is located in the heart of the city and is home to a vast collection of art and artifacts that reflect the country’s history and culture.
- Stroll Through the Historic District – This area of Cetinje has cute old buildings and nice streets worth seeing. Take a leisurely stroll through the area to get a sense of the town’s unique character.
- Hike to Mount Lovcen – Mount Lovcen is a stunning natural landmark that overlooks the entire city. The hike to the summit is challenging but rewarding, with breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
- Visit the Palace of King Nikola I Petrovic – The Palace of King Nikola I Petrovic was once the royal residence of Montenegro’s last king. However, today it serves as a museum, offering visitors a glimpse into the country’s royal past.
- Take a Wine Tasting Tour – People know Montenegro for its wine, and many vineyards are located in Cetinje. Take a wine tasting tour to sample some of the region’s finest vintages.
- Visit the Ivan Crnojevic Museum – The founder of Cetinje is Ivan Crnojevic and it is the person after who the museum is named. It houses a collection of artifacts and exhibits that detail the town’s early history.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine – The food in this town is really yummy and has lots of traditional Montenegrin dishes. Furthermore you can try delicious barbecue, the famous burek and much more. Visit one of the town’s many restaurants to sample some of the local fare.
- Attend a Cultural Event – Cetinje is home to many cultural events, including music festivals and art exhibitions. Check the town’s calendar to see what events are happening during your visit.
- Relax in the National Park – Around Cetinje you can find stunning natural landscapes, for example the Lovcen National Park. Spend some time in the park to enjoy the area’s pristine forests and crystal-clear lakes.
In conclusion, Cetinje is a town with a rich cultural heritage and stunning natural beauty. There is much to see and do in this small town, making it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Montenegro.